Ideators, Designers and Developers work with open data – for transparency, innovation and efficiency!
MAKE is an ongoing event series by Opendata.ch, the Swiss chapter of the Open Knowledge Foundation.
Switzerland’s national Open Data Camps bring thinkers and makers together to discuss critical questions, create prototypes (such as apps and visualisations), and help accelerate openness, innovation and efficiency in private and public domains.
Open Food Data Hackdays
On 10/11 February 2017 we invite around 200 software developers, engineers, designer, nutritionists, civil servants, and entrepreneurs to jointly develop new solutions for a transparent, efficient, and innovative food industry based on open data. Join and be part of this movement!
Open Data Day Hackathon
Can you imagine ways to improve public transport in your city? Do you know or wish to learn how to wrangle, analyse, visualize or communicate with data? Join our upcoming hackathon in Zürich on Open Data Day – Saturday, March 4, 2017, meet people from the open data community – and let’s make an impact together on all the ways we get around! Sign up here
To participate in our camps everyone is qualified, no matter what level of expertise you have with the Web, programming, or IT. For the next camp we are also in particularly looking for people with experience in the topics of finance, monetary policy, budgets, and folks with experience with and/or interest in data visualization who would like to contribute with his developer-skills to amazing ideas and projects. If you have any friends in these areas, please invite them to come along.
Together thinkers and doers get things done and make a difference. Your ideas and your competence are in high demand to shape the future of how we deal with data in this country, so if you too feel it’s time to make a difference sign up as:
- people who want to change things in their community
- subject matter experts who have data and want to collaborate/share it
- public officials who want to help further open access for eGovernment
- find out about evolving information visualization discipline
- an opportunity to build skills and work with interactive graphics
- help publicise and spread the message of open access
- learn tools and techniques for accessing public data sources
- collaborate with designers and innovators on exciting applications
- help build an outstanding platform for connecting interest across Switzerland