Ideators, Designers and Developers work with open data – for transparency, innovation and efficiency!
MAKE is an ongoing event series by Opendata.ch, the Swiss chapter of the Open Knowledge Foundation.
Switzerland’s national Open Data Camps bring thinkers and makers together to discuss critical questions, create prototypes (such as apps and visualisations), and help accelerate openness, innovation and efficiency in private and public domains.
- NEXT .
04. & 05. September 2015: Election Hackdays 2015, Lausanne & Zurich
Open Research Data Hackdays 2015
Coinciding with the launch of OpenResearchData.ch, diverse scientific domains were at the centre of this creative event, and we looked at many data sources to tackle one big question: how to get the most out of the potential of Open Data in scientific research? An overview of the results is here.
Open Cultural Data Hackathon 2015
The first event organized by the OpenGLAM Working Group took place on 27 / 28 February 2015 at the Swiss National Library in Bern. The hackathon was an excellent means for heritage institutions to enter into dialogue with software developers, researchers, Wikipedians, and to put cultural data and digitized collections to wider use. An overview of the results is here.
23-24 May 2014 International Sports Hackdays
Taking place to coincide with the Champions League Final and this time as a global event, the hackdays will be headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, with local nodes being planned all over Europe. We have put together exciting data and are inviting developers, designers, sportspeople, experts and amateurs to Basel, Sierre and our international locations. An overview of the results is here.
To participate in our camps everyone is qualified, no matter what level of expertise you have with the Web, programming, or IT. For the next camp we are also in particularly looking for people with experience in the topics of finance, monetary policy, budgets, and folks with experience with and/or interest in data visualization who would like to contribute with his developer-skills to amazing ideas and projects. If you have any friends in these areas, please invite them to come along.
Together thinkers and doers get things done and make a difference. Your ideas and your competence are in high demand to shape the future of how we deal with data in this country, so if you too feel it’s time to make a difference sign up as:
- people who want to change things in their community
- subject matter experts who have data and want to collaborate/share it
- public officials who want to help further open access for eGovernment
- find out about evolving information visualization discipline
- an opportunity to build skills and work with interactive graphics
- help publicise and spread the message of open access
- learn tools and techniques for accessing public data sources
- collaborate with designers and innovators on exciting applications
- help build an outstanding platform for connecting interest across Switzerland