Open Cultural Data Hackathon 2017
Program | Get involved | Swiss Cultural Data | Cultural Data Worldwide | Earlier Editions
3rd Swiss Open Cultural Data Hackathon
Our next Open Cultural Data Hackathon takes place on 15-16 September 2017 at the University of Lausanne, in cooperation with the Laboratoire de cultures et humanités digitales, BCU Lausanne, infoclio.ch and further partners and sponsors.
Note that the workshop programme will start already on 14 September in the afternoon.
The hackathon is preceded by several pre-events in spring 2017:
- beginning of June in Lausanne: Pre-event for digital humanists at the University of Lausanne.
- 9 June in Zurich: Open Archival Data Hackday in cooperation with the Association of Swiss Archivists.
In addition, a workshop dedicated to the Open Cultural Data Hackathon will be held at the Public Domain Event in Basel (24 April 2017).
Join us on Facebook or Twitter
Share your data in view of the next Open Cultural Data Hackathon
You may own yourself cultural data that you are ready to share. Please look at these infosheets (German / French) on how to share data. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For media inquiries, please contact:
- Ramona Fritschi, ramona.fritschi(at)bcu.unil.ch (French/German/English)
Documentation of earlier events is available here.
Hackathon Programme / Registration
The hackathon programme will consist of:
- Two longer workshops/meetups (a workshop on OpenRefine, and a GLAM+Wikidata gathering) on Thursday, 14 September, afternoon, i.e. before the official start of the hackathon
- a main hackathon track with a plenary session at the beginning and at the end of the event and self-organized group work in between
- a side programme with workshops on various topics, aimed at the transmission of skills and know-how related to the (re-)use of heritage data
- possibilities for participants to re-fuel and refresh themselves in a flexible manner
- a project presentation session on Saturday night, open to the public, followed by an apéro riche for hackathon participants and invited guests
The detailed programme and possibility for registration will follow in spring 2017.
|Frédéric Noyer, co-lead programme committee|
|Oliver Waddell, lead datasets team|
|Radu Suciu, co-organiser Geneva hackdays|
|Opendata.ch / Basel University Library|
|Lionel Walter, co-lead programme committee, co-organiser Geneva hackdays|
|Opendata.ch / Bern University of Applied Sciences, E-Government Institute|
|Beat Estermann, project coordinator|
|Isabelle Lucas, lead logistics|
|Bibliothèque cantonale et universitaire de Lausanne|
|Jeanette Frey (Director BCUL)|
|Ramona Fritschi, lead communications|
|Université de Lausanne, Laboratoire de cultures et humanités digitales (LADHUL)|
|Dominique Vinck (Director LADHUL)|
|Martin Grandjean, pre-event Digital Humanities, Lausanne|
|Historical Museum Basel|
|Stefan Bürer, pre-event Wikipedia/Wikidata|
If you have questions to the organization committee, please contact us here: email@example.com.