Ideators, Designers and Developers work with open data – for transparency, innovation and efficiency!
MAKE is an ongoing event series by Opendata.ch, the Swiss chapter of the Open Knowledge Foundation.
Switzerland’s national Open Data Camps bring thinkers and makers together to discuss critical questions, create prototypes (such as apps and visualisations), and help accelerate openness, innovation and efficiency in private and public domains.
Hack for Ageing Well 2016
Work on a start-up idea, visualise demographics, learn usability and design in a hands-on way at Startfeld St.Gallen on September 25 and 26, with projects showcased at the international AAL Forum. Read the recap on our blog.
Open Cultural Data Hackathon 2016
The second Open Cultural Data Hackathon took place at the Basel University Library on July 1st and 2nd. For more information please read the following Blogpost.
Swiss Open Energy Hackdays 2016 in Innertkirchen & on Mont Crosin
The first Swiss Energy Hackdays took place on April 8 & 9, parallel in Innertkirchen and on Mont Crosin. For more information please visit make.opendata.ch/energy
To participate in our camps everyone is qualified, no matter what level of expertise you have with the Web, programming, or IT. For the next camp we are also in particularly looking for people with experience in the topics of finance, monetary policy, budgets, and folks with experience with and/or interest in data visualization who would like to contribute with his developer-skills to amazing ideas and projects. If you have any friends in these areas, please invite them to come along.
Together thinkers and doers get things done and make a difference. Your ideas and your competence are in high demand to shape the future of how we deal with data in this country, so if you too feel it’s time to make a difference sign up as:
- people who want to change things in their community
- subject matter experts who have data and want to collaborate/share it
- public officials who want to help further open access for eGovernment
- find out about evolving information visualization discipline
- an opportunity to build skills and work with interactive graphics
- help publicise and spread the message of open access
- learn tools and techniques for accessing public data sources
- collaborate with designers and innovators on exciting applications
- help build an outstanding platform for connecting interest across Switzerland